Love our new Living Wall in our café? You can create one at home!
Living walls are absolutely stunning and achievable in your home and/or garden. Yes really!
They are brilliant for those who are short on space, or if you just want to create a stunning feature.
But more than that, there are some really fantastic benefits to introducing a green wall to your living area. If located outside they add a layer of insulation and offer habitats for insects. Inside, they improve the air quality and add an interior spectacle like no other. Either way they are a fantastic addition to your living space.
What’s more they are so versatile! You could choose to grow directly from seed or plant your own, of which could be climbers, wall shrubs, grasses, herbs or patio plants. Our beautiful living wall is the focal point of our refurbished café, which is home to a number of houseplants that are easy to care for. See below for the full list.
- Dracaena Fragrans Compact – loves bright sunny conditions in a slightly raised humidity.
- Chlorophytum Ocean (Spider Plant) – cascading plant with small white flowers and narrow stems called runners. Ideal as a hanging plant.
- Chlorophytum Bonnie (Curly Spider Plant) – very similar to the above, but with a curly twist, although will have yellow flowers instead of white.
- Callisia Repens (Creeping Inch Plant) –
- Pilea Glaucophylla Greyzy – reddish coloured stems with delicate round leaves. Loves medium light and plenty of water.
- Asplenium Antiquum (Hurricane Bird’s Nest) – these plants prefer a touch of humidity making them the ideal greenery to add to your kitchen or bathroom.
- Nephrolepis Exaltata Bostoniensis (Boston Fern) – a fab plant which can adapt to our warmer climates. It’s dropping leaves look lovely hanging plant.
This pack of 12 pods and twin plates contain everything you need to home your brand-new living wall. The pods easily hook to the plate, which easily drains from one pod to another. Pods are free-standing and plants can be grown from seed, or are designed to fit 12 – 14cm diameter pre-grown plants in. Our team of plant experts would be happy to talk you through the process.
Product is a finalist of RHS Chelsea Garden Product of the Year 2020.