Yarnton Home & Garden is fast becoming a destination garden centre and shopping store with a fresh new style and outlook! We currently have employment opportunities for people who can blossom with our vision and join us on this exciting journey.
If you think you have the passion, have a ‘can do’ attitude and are willing to go that extra mile for our customers and the team, then you’ll be just what we’re looking for!
Position: CHEF DE PARTIE
The café at Yarnton Home and Garden serves fresh and seasonal home cooked style food seven days a week. It is a busy establishment providing a full breakfast, hot and cold lunch menu. The hot lunches change every day with a traditional roast dinner served on Sunday’s. The service is both plated and hot buffet. With the new addition of our bespoke soft play, we are also responsible for all food in their small café, offering the same high spec throughout.
The responsibility of the Chef de Partie will be to work between the breakfast and hot sections, ensuring that high standards are maintained at all times during food preparation and delivery. It is essential that any prospective chef has experience in working in a busy kitchen using classical cooking techniques and working within a partie system. We operate pastry, larder, breakfast and hot sections.
· Planning menus
· Some ordering duties
· Working with the Sous Chef to ensure all daily jobs are completed
· Delegating work to our team of kitchen porters
· Undertaking any relevant training
· Working under the guidance of the Sous Chef and Head Chef
· Liaising with the front of house team to ensure the seamless running of the restaurant
· 28 days annual leave per year pro rata
· In store discount card
· Brilliant and flexible working hours, no evenings and 2 weekends off per month
· Working within a tight team of professional chefs and having the scope to learn and develop as well as share good practice with others
· Generous starting salary with scope for increase if targets and job spec are met
Position: Weekend Soft Play Assistant
Our magical little café, found in our Magic Garden play barn, is looking for a self-motivated individual to be part of our busy team.
Expect to be making delicious coffees and serving home cooked food, all whilst providing the excellent customer service we bloom in. At times, you will have to confidently work under pressure and be prepared to go above and beyond your role within the Magic Garden. We will ensure the right candidate is trained in using the equipment and tills.
This role is for weekends, working between 8:30am – 5:45pm on Saturday and 8:30am – 5.00pm on Sunday.
Now you know more about us, we would love to hear about you!
Sow the seed by dropping us an email with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org