Grow with Us!
Yarnton Home & Garden is fast becoming a destination garden centre and shopping store with a fresh new style and outlook! We currently have employment opportunities for people who can blossom with our vision and join us on this exciting journey.
If you think you have the passion, have a ‘can do’ attitude and are willing to go that extra mile for our customers and the team, then you’ll be just what we’re looking for!
Position: WEEKEND TILL ASSISTANT
Have you got brilliant customer service and sales skills? We are looking to fill a vital role here with a super cheery and organised Till Assistant. You will be required to gain in-depth product knowledge and help our customers across a range of areas of the garden centre.
The right candidate will be flexible, friendly and hardworking, with retail experience. The role is part time on a weekend rota (Saturday & Sunday).
Position: FOOD & BEVERAGE ASSISTANT
Do you have fantastic customer service history, exceptional organisational skills and are able to think on your feet?
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Assistant to take on an essential key role with us. The right candidate will assist in the smooth running of our busy café; ensuring the highest quality standards and more. The role is hands-on with varied responsibility working alongside the Café Management team.
You will need to be flexible, presentable and hardworking with a history in hospitality. The role is full time, working on an alternative weekend rota.
Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, expresso, expresso lungo, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Barista Skills and Qualifications:
Listening, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Basic Safety, People Skills, Action Oriented, Organization, Selling to Customer Needs, Attendance, Client Relationship
If you would like to apply for any of these roles, please send your winning covering letter and CV to email@example.com.