T&M Lettuce Antartica
Collect from Store
- Extend your lettuce harvesting season with this outstanding ‘iceberg type’ variety. Resistance to tipburn, bolting and downy mildew means that Antartica stands well in good condition. The dense hearts, with plenty of crunchy flavour, are ideal for summer salads.
- Thin seedlings to 30cm (12in) apart when large enough to handle. Water well during dry periods.
- Water lettuce frequently and hoe between plants regularly to prevent weeds from establishing. Dry weather may cause heads of lettuce plants to bolt so watering is particularly critical during the 2 weeks before harvesting. A thick mulch applied around the plants will help to retain moisture in the soil. Harvest lettuce when required by pulling up the entire plant before trimming off the stem with a knife.
Free local Oxfordshire deliveries on all orders over £50.
- Our delivery service runs between Monday – Friday, with deliveries straight to your front door.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been despatched from us. A member of the team will be in contact if there are any issues with your order.
- Your order will be delivered within 1-2 working day of your despatch email date.
Please see our FAQ’s page here for more information before placing your order