T&M Herb Basil Sweet Green
Collect from Store
- Start off in a seed tray indoors. Sow all year round for growing instructions or February to June for transplanting outdoors. Sow seed on the surface of good free-draining, seed compost. Cover with a fine sprinkling of vermiculite. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag and place at 20-25C (68-77F) until after germination which takes 14-21 days. Do not exclude light, as this helps germination. Keep compost on the dry side at all times, water lightly as seedlings emerge.
- Transplant seedlings when large enough to handle into 7.5cm (3in) pots and continue to grow on indoors in cooler conditions. Acclimatise to outside conditions for 10-15 days before planting out after all risk of frost, 30cm (12in) apart. Plant into vegetable borders or containers. Harvest leaves as required, outdoors May to October, all year round indoors. Tear leaves rather than chop, to retain the aroma. Preserve leaves by freezing or steeping in oil.
Free local Oxfordshire deliveries on all orders over £50.
- Our delivery service runs between Monday – Friday, with deliveries straight to your front door.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been despatched from us. A member of the team will be in contact if there are any issues with your order.
- Your order will be delivered within 1-2 working day of your despatch email date.
Please see our FAQ’s page here for more information before placing your order