T&M Carrot Eskimo F1
Collect from Store
- Excellent maincrop carrot and, as the name suggests, a very cold tolerant variety - down to -10°C depending on soil types. Eskimo can be lifted late in the season for storage or even overwintered if grown in well-drained, lighter soils. Rich orange Nantes-type roots hold their flavour throughout the autumn and winter - especially if left in the ground - and will also resist splitting.
- Water well to encourage germination. Once germinated, carrots should be watered only when necessary to keep the soil moist as excessive water may encourage leaf growth instead of roots. During growth, the carrot roots may be earthed up to prevent green crowns developing. Cover later carrot sowings with fleece or fine netting, and remove all thinnings from the site to minimise carrot fly infestation. Carrots can be harvested from July to December depending on their sowing date. Early varieties may be lifted when required from 9 weeks onwards, while maincrops can be harvested after 11 weeks from their sowing date. Pull a single carrot first to assess the size of the roots. If the soil is dry, lifting carrots can be made easier by watering beforehand. Roots can be stored in a cool, dry place for up to 4 months.
Free local Oxfordshire deliveries on all orders over £50.
- Our delivery service runs between Monday – Friday, with deliveries straight to your front door.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been despatched from us. A member of the team will be in contact if there are any issues with your order.
- Your order will be delivered within 1-2 working day of your despatch email date.
Please see our FAQ’s page here for more information before placing your order