T&M Beet Morello
Collect from Store
- Visually stunning, with dark purple leaves and stems, ‘Morello’ forms a dark purple root with purple-red flesh and distinctive white rings. This is a no-waste, eat-all beetroot - enjoy the leaves and stems as well as the root. Its compact growing habit makes it ideal for the smaller vegetable plot.
- Thin seedlings as necessary, to 2.5cm (1in) apart for ‘baby beets’ or slightly wider spacing for larger roots. Keep well watered for most tender roots and to avoid bolting (running to seed). Roots, stems and leaves can be eaten raw or steamed when young.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Larger roots are ideal for baking or slicing raw into stir-fries. Shoots when young can be eaten like spinach and are rich in beta-carotene, calcium, iron and folic acid. Roots contain beta-cyanin and are a good source of manganese, a mineral needed for proper bone formation and energy metabolism.
Free local Oxfordshire deliveries on all orders over £50.
- Our delivery service runs between Monday – Friday, with deliveries straight to your front door.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been despatched from us. A member of the team will be in contact if there are any issues with your order.
- Your order will be delivered within 1-2 working day of your despatch email date.
Please see our FAQ’s page here for more information before placing your order