T&M Asparagus Mary Washington
Collect from Store
- Sow outdoors in mid spring in a well prepared seed bed. Soak the seeds for 48 hours in warm water before sowing 5cm (2in) deep, 8cm (3in) apart in drills 30cm (12in) apart. Germination is slow. Seeds can also be started off under glass.
- When large enough to handle thin out seedlings to 3cm (12in) apart, and grow on for a season, the following spring (late March/April) transplant to a well prepared, deeply dug bed to which plenty of well rotted compost has been added. Rows 1.2m (4ft) a
- Do not harvest spears until plants are three years old. Cut down and compost the foliage in November to remove any eggs of the Asparagus Beetle.
Free local Oxfordshire deliveries on all orders over £50.
- Our delivery service runs between Monday – Friday, with deliveries straight to your front door.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your order has been despatched from us. A member of the team will be in contact if there are any issues with your order.
- Your order will be delivered within 1-2 working day of your despatch email date.
Please see our FAQ’s page here for more information before placing your order